Our ducks are becoming VERY annoying.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Chicken Fruit, May 18, 2009.

1. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    We have a mallard my husband got as a pet, it used to follow us around and love to be held, it'd jump on us and sit... but now she's terrified of us and wants NOTHING to do with anyone. We got her a peking duckling to keep her company a while back, and she's ruined him. He was always sweet and interested in us.

Its insanely obnoxious to walk out in the yard and be no where NEAR the ducks and hear them freaking out and running away just because we're walking around.

I've had ducks before and never had this problem, it HAS to be the mallard. Right?

Anyone want a free pair of ducks?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
  2. Chicken Fruit

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    mmmmm annoying ducks. Maybe I should eat them...

3. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    My crazy runners are the same way!! I have tried everything to calm them down. I just laugh when they start running into stuff trying to get away from me when I am feeding them.[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Chicken Fruit

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Its obnoxious because we have to physically move them from hut to run every day right now while the regular run takes a break to grow in more grass. ITS THE SAME ROUTINE MORNING AND NIGHT YOU STUPID FOWL!

Makes me want to RING THEIR STUPID FEATHERY NECKS. The peking isnt entirely convinced we're a threat, he does fine until the stupid mallard starts freaking out.

Grrr. I think i might keep them and let them make me some eggs and then i'll hatch those out and start over.

5. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    It's so much easier to eat an obnoxious bird. Maybe they're trying to tell you something....

6. Chicken Fruit

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    I think they are.... I didnt WANT a mallard, but we ended up with one as the hatchery choice. Stupid wild birds.

7. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Okay. You've talked me into it. I'll trade you the ducks for kittens. The last cat abandoned on our land has lovely kittens.
    They are so much cuddlier than ducks. [​IMG]

I'll turn your ducks loose with mine and they will be perfectly content wandering around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by