Our Ducks PLAYING around in the sprinkler and with a toy alligator :)

cat_named_noodles

Songster
10 Years
Nov 20, 2009
Wimberley, TX
Our ducks are great! They are about 4 months old, and include a Khaki Campbell named Mocha, a Mallard named Cricket (or "Quackers"), a Blue Swedish named Space captain Bluebill, and a Pekin named Snowy. Though they don't like to be handled much, they are very gentle when we do handle them. They also follow us around begging for treats like raisins, mealworms, and vegetable trimmings and weeds from the garden. They have a kiddie pool, but on really hot day I like to set out a sprinkler for them, and they really enjoy it. So here are a few pictures of them with the sprinkler, and a video as well. Another thing they like to do is play with a (what used to be my son's) toy alligator. It is a rubbery little thing, and I think they may think it is a dead lizard, or they just like to play with it. In fact, Snowy especially likes to play with it more than the others. So, without further ado, here you go, and Thanks for looking and have a great day!

0.jpg

0.jpg

love.gif

Once, one of my runners encountered a baby snake. She grabbed it and flung it over her back, high into the air, and the whole flock ran in the other direction.

Sounds like something Snowy would do!. Too cute! The other day we found them flipping a dead toad around in the air, but it went in the trash before I could get a video (not sure if I wanted too really!)
I love Runners! One day I would love to get some and some Muscovies! Thanks for checking out my thread!

Back
Top Bottom