Our EE Merle hasn't laid an egg in 5 days?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Bluemoon420, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

Our EE Merle hasn't laid an egg in about 5 days. Merle is the oldest out of our flock. They were all wormed on July 19th, and she was the second to start laying on August 4th. She's only missed a day once until now. I've checked her over twice this week, and she's a happy, healthy girl.
    They free range during the day, and I followed them this morning to see if she has been laying them somewhere, and haven't found any nests. All the rest of the girls that are laying are using the nest boxes.

Is this normal???

Bluemoon

2. KMHunter

KMHunter [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Cr

Jun 12, 2009
    Woodinville,WA
    My Coop
    I had the same problem with my Golden Sexlink. She just stopped laying one day snd it took her over a week to start again. She was happy and healthy so I was told by the resident chicken expert at the feed store to stop worrying and just let her be. She would start again when she felt like it. I guess I just need to stop being such a worry wart. [​IMG] I guess worrying should start if they look or act sick. Just my experience so far.[​IMG]

3. Bluemoon420

Is she laying now?

I guess I'm being a worry wart. [​IMG] She's definitely not sick. She's as bossy as she's always been too. [​IMG] I've combed thru all our woods, and pine trees, and I can't find any eggs as of yet.

I guess I'll just keep an eye on her.

Bluemoon

4. Bluemoon420

Well, Merle laid a very small egg today, so I guess I was worried for nothing.

Bluemoon

5. granmahen

granmahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Bakersfield, CA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by