1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our Elvis has passed away!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by dixiechick, Jan 3, 2009.

1. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Just wanted to let everyone know that our listless Elvis (see avatar) passed away this morning on the way home from the vet. She suspected Botulism and treated him this morning with B12 and antibiotics. She was amazed he had made it as long as he did. She recommended yogert and lots of TLC...so on the way home, he enjoyed a teaspoon of yogery from Figi water being fed by my kids in the back seat. When he was done, he seemed to settled in for a nap, closed his eyes, and quietly drifted away. Thank you Lord for such a great friend and a peaceful death. My kids are distraught, but are finding solice in the fact that they provided the last comforts for a family friend.

If anyone is looking for an Avian vet near Gainesville, Florida....I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Dawn Miller. She specializes in exotics and birds...but also treats cats and dogs. I kinder doctor you will not find!!!

Finally, thank you to all my BYC friends for your prayers and support! Only you would understand the love a person can have for a feathered friend!!

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I am so, so sorry for your loss. It's very hard to lose a great friend like your Elvis.

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    so sorry! hope your heart heals up quickly.

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    double post... my dumbputer got stuck!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  5. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    sorry for your loss [​IMG]

6. cooliseo

cooliseo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Rainbow
    Sorry for your loss. [​IMG] I hope you feel better.

7. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    ((((HUGS)))

I am so sorry for your loss.

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

So sorry for your loss.
    Elvis was a beauty. [​IMG]

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    So sorry to hear of your loss... Hang in there. [​IMG]

10. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    He had the best passing a chicken could ask for, in the arms of his family. Do you have eggs to hatch a little Elvis?

Sending best wishes for your family.

[​IMG]:hugs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by