1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our Fall Harvest last 3 days!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cheeptrick, Oct 13, 2007.

1. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]]

2. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Wow - those are really nice looking eggs. Now what are you going to do with them all? [​IMG]

3. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Beautiful eggs. I am going to have to get some EEs next spring for that great variety of color. Great harvest, I'd say [​IMG]

4. cheeptrick

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I'm keeping them ALL for myself! [​IMG]
    I made the mistake of giving a dozen away and the very disrespectful soul told me his family would not eat them. So I said...ALRIGHT...I'll take them back! Then he corrected himself and said...he and wife would eat them but his kids would not.
    I had to give him the 'organic' 'free range high in omega 3' talk and tell him about how chicken farmers HARVEST their eggs and that most chickens from store bought eggs never see the light of day.
    I'll ONLY sell from here on out after that first 'friendly' egg giveaway. Figure those knowing I sell eggs will ASK to buy some...not going to try to market egg selling anymore by getting your first dozen FREE! [​IMG]

5. cheeptrick

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    They are beautiful aren't they!! [​IMG]

6. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Nice harvest!!!!!
    I agree, only give them to people that really appreciate them. I had some city folks stay with me for awhile, refused to eat my homegrown tomatoes or the fresh peaches I bought them to enjoy. Would only eat what came from the grocery store. Now they are asking when they are going to get some of my eggs. I told them they were on the list, just didn't tell them what list.

7. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    very nice looking group of eggs - lucky you, i only have one hen that is of egg laying age and she is molting right now so no eggs for me- i hope this spring the other 16 hens start laying real fast LOL
    when my girl laid her very first egg I gave that to a friend who loves coming over to visit with the chickens and always brings them treats from her garden - she loved the egg so much that she will keep getting a few freebies from me and the girls ( of course my friend is also 73 and a very sweet women )
    but everyone else if they want them they can spend of few dollars to get them LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by