Our family in southern Louisiana

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by hebertchick12, Jul 25, 2014.

1. hebertchick12

hebertchick12 Chirping

Jul 2, 2014
    Raceland, LA
    We started with 3 RIRs, 2 Barred Rocks, and one Ameraucana. They finally started laying about a month ago, and since then, my husband hasn't stopped buying chickens!!! Lol. We wanted more egg layers, and I always wanted some laced wyandottes. We recently turned our shed into a coop with an attached run that follows two sides of our garden. We now have our original 6 hens plus 3 black copper marans and 4 silver laced wyandottes in flock 1. We have some younger chickens in a separate pen which includes 2 black beauties, 3 ameraucanas, 4 blue laced red wyandottes, and 1 gold laced wyandotte cockerel.

My husband and I also have a 1 year old daughter, 3 dogs, and one cat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    *Please excuse my husband in the above pic.. we had been working all day on the coop and getting some hay in this area behind it. We have been getting A LOT of rain here and the ground was sopping wet.

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress 9 Years

Just beautiful! [​IMG] Love your pictures too. Your chickens are bigger than your daughter! Thanks for sharing. Keep enjoying your girls!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: