Our Feathered family )Flock.... Seeking to add a few large breed layers Barred Roch ,Black Austr

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Trixy318, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Trixy318

Trixy318 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2013
    Glendale , AZ
    AS I AM TYPYING THIS MY YOUNG BLACK BANTAM SAM IS SITTING ON MY HEAD ..lol HE IS MISSING HIS PAL LUCKY THE WILD GRACKLE I RAISED SINCE HATCHING, HE FINALLY WENT BACK TO HIS FAMILY I GUESS ..THEY ARE ALWAYS OUTSIDE FREE IN YARD AND HE HADN'T FLEW AWAY BUT THE PAST FEW DAYS I SAW OTHER GRACKLES RIGHT BY HIM SO I GUESS HE FINALLY FOUND A GF AND HIT THE ROAD ..POOR SAME IS LOST.. SO HE FOLLOWS ME EVERYWHERE .. SAM MISSES LUCKY TERRIBLY THE WERE BFFS AND OUR OTHER CHICKEN ARE N EW AND CAME TOGETHER SO NO WAY I WILL PUT HIM WITH THEM ON HIS OWN .. . HE ALSO LIKES TO HANG WITH BUDDY OUR DOG AND KEEPS JUMPING ON HIS BACK .. WE LOVE THE BRAT HE IS QUITE SWEET .. WE ARE LOOKING FOR A ABOUT FOUR BIGGER EGG LAYERS NOW AND WISH i COULD GET ANOTHER BABY TURKEY .. WE LOST PEEPS 2 DAYS AGO HAVE NO IDEA HOW ? hE WAS IN cage with sam for days and they were fine getting along fine . Scott thinks Sam may have smothered him because he never shuts up hence we called him peep. .. Very sad , Our supplier says they doubt they will get anymore baby turkeys this year : ( so if anyone knows of anyone with a friendly or baby turkey male of females ( we have a male white broad breasted Hank who needs company.) he is one of our favorites ..

Seeking to add a few large breed layers Barred Roch ,Black Australorp , White Americanna and A COUPLE Araucana Ameraucana ( Easter Eggers) and open to re-homing I LIVE SILKIES and polish chickens . We don't breed and these are pets /hobby ..Can swap our 5 young bantam/cochin mixes ( we think ) they are good natured also obviously they is cost difference we are aware of . we aqre open to rehoming birds with special needs ..Some pics of of our family .Pics below
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LindaMurphy

LindaMurphy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2013
    Surprise Arizona
    I have a Polish Rooster that lost his girlfriend. They were very close and Elvis is just lost without her. I see you have silkies and you mentioned polish. I sure would like to get at least 1 young female for him. Let me know if you have one you could part with.
    [​IMG]

3. Trixy318

Trixy318 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2013
    Glendale , AZ
    I wish I did Linda sorry I'm after some silkie chick we lost our sweety Lumpy as I told you in email : ( Elvis is beautiful I like that breed also ... prob because I used to be a hairdresser LOL

4. LindaMurphy

LindaMurphy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2013
    Surprise Arizona
    Yeah Tina Turner was really sweet. She liked to be cuddled. It really broke my heart to lose her. I definitely take the coyotes more seriously now. My dog shadow has learned to watch the flock. He lays in the middle of them in the yard, that is unless Elvis decides to get ornery and does a Ninja attack. I swear he made a crane attack on my dogs back, I thought I was watching the Karate Kid. I laughed so hard I almost peed myself. I wish I had a video. Feathers extended and up, standing on one leg, making a funny attacking squawk as he jumped through the air and landed on my utterly surprised dog. He just jumped up like , what the hell just happened , then walked away. Elvis was still up on one leg, with extended wings and his crown fluffed out like I had never seen before. It was priceless.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I like the turkey!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by