Our finally "almost" finished coop and run with some of our girls and our boy...Pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ernndbrtt, Nov 27, 2012.

1. ernndbrtt

ernndbrtt Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    [​IMG]

After an 18 month adventure marked by a crushed propane line and far too many hours at work, our pallet coop is finally "almost" done. I believe I already have to remodel it next spring to give our Orps more room. A few of our girls 4 or 5, have already started laying even though we were told that since we got them at a day old, they wouldn't start laying until spring since it got cold here early enough. Of course we were also told that we would lose a certain percentage of our day old chicks which is the reason we got extra, 16 hens instead of the 12 we actually wanted to end up with. Well, the hatchery messed up and gave us 17instead of the 16 hens we paid for and guess what? We STILL have 17 hens and a roo ;)) The privacy fence is because we have 3 large dogs that attack any little critters that move in the back yard.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia