Today we finally finished the coop we started building a few months ago! What should have been a couple of days project turned into a couple of months project due to modifications and life in general. We started with these plans from Ana White http://ana-white.com/2012/05/plans/frame-chicken-coop then modified them a bit to fit our Ohio weather. One modification was a small door on the run so we could let the ladies out to free range. We also insulated the upper triangle-shaped wall on this end. Second, we didn't cover the whole floor of the loft. But then, since I was worried they'd get cold from the updraft, we added an insulated floor underneath to still allow them to roost on the floor joists. (The food and water are only in the loft temporarily. I was told to lock them in there for the week so they learn where "bed" is, then they can be let into the run. Once the week is up the food and water will go downstairs) Another modification was the ability to remove the end triangle in the summer. Right now there's no hardware cloth on it because I was lazy and it will be closed all winter. My husband came up with this idea himself and I was quite impressed! He made a track with the router and the piece slides in and out easily. The last modification was my idea! I was worried that even though we tried to critter proof it, something might still be able to get the girls in the loft. So I made a little door that can be latched closed and latched open. It doesn't seal off entirely, but I feel confident that nothing will be able to get in. Plus we plan to pull the ladder every night. Overall, I am really happy with how it turned out! The girls moved in today and seem to find it cozy.