Our first baby is here!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Islandmom511, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Islandmom511

Islandmom511 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    After a long 30 days, our first hatchling is here! It needed a little help getting started, but once I started, he came out on is own and FAST! #2 is still about half way there and I am thinking he will be out by tonight. A huge thanks so iamcurisotycat for all of your advice though this! I couldn't have done it without you! Whew! 1 down, 1 to go!

[​IMG]

We had to take him out of the bator bc as you can see there was NO room in there for a pekin to hatch!
    [​IMG]

My daughter has named him/her "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" and he seems to be doing great. Sleeping quietly behind a stuffed animal I put in there. Can't wait till he's all fluffy!

2. thatduckguyy

thatduckguyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    so cute. can't wait till mine hatch, 8 more days!!!!

3. lucyboo

lucyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    i dont have ducks, although;i am working on my parents lol! i have 6 baby chicks on the way and only 20 more days!!! wooooo hoooo!!! lol thats a while away, and going by S...L...O...W...L...Y...!!! lol chicka chicka boom boom is very adorable i just want to have him/her all to myself lol!! good luck wioth chicka chicka boom boom and the one hatching!!!

<3 kelsey

4. Islandmom511

Islandmom511 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    #2 is here too! His/her name is "wing wing" (my daughters a wonder pets fan and doesn't want to name him ming ming so he is wing wing, lol). His umbilical cord was attached when he came out and is bleeding slightly so hoping he is going to be okay [​IMG]

5. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    awwwww thats adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by