Our first chicken tractor (pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by warcard, May 8, 2008.

1. warcard

warcard Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    SE Indiana
    Well here is our first chicken tractor. Constructive criticism appreciated. It is 12' long by 4' wide at the base. The covered area is 4' long. I plan on housing 5-6 chickens in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I took the pictures my husband added some wheels at the covered end, and two pull handles.

2. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I think it looks great! Gonna come to my place now and build me one? [​IMG] 5 to 6 is a good number for that size. You could have even more if they are bantams.

3. markb

markb Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2008
    Saint Louis, MO
    looks Great, nice and light. I made mine on the heavy side, Hard to move!

Keep up the good work!

4. warcard

warcard Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    SE Indiana
    Dangerouschicken,

Would you pay for the plane flight [​IMG] ? My husband has never been to the West Coast, and I have only been to LA for business. He keeps talking about visiting Oregon since his buddy from basic training lives there (don't ask me where, I forget).

5. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    :eek: Now what did I get myself into? :eek:

Just kiddin' [​IMG]

Oregon is the most beautiful place I have ever been to, and I have lived all over the world. I was born and raised here, though, and I would never again live any place else. YAY OREGON! [​IMG]

We pass a lot of laws to try to keep urban sprawl from taking over the gorgeous landscape. We even had a governor say here once, "Come visit, Just don't stay." [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by