1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our First Chicken Tractor!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Newchickenmom&kids, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Newchickenmom&kids

Newchickenmom&kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Illinois
    Hi everyone! We're new here! My two boys and I decided we wanted some chickens. In researching coop/tractor designs I just about drove myself mad!!! Soooo many variations!!! I finally decided I liked the 'style' of the Forsham. So we set out to see how close we could come to making one like theirs. Since we have absolutely no carpentry experience...I am extremely thrilled about our final product!!!! I'm also using Photobucket for the first time so here it goes!! Hope this works!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  2. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Nice work !

You will have better bad weather protection if you bring the roof line down the sides in the back near the solid end. It will also give them a little more shade in the summer.

3. Newchickenmom&kids

Apr 11, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks! It and we are a work in progress![​IMG]

4. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Wow, great job! How many chickens will it house?

5. Newchickenmom&kids

Apr 11, 2007
    Illinois
    Well now we're not sure of that...based on what I've been reading...maybe only 5 or 6 regular size as the roosting area up top is about 5 0r 6 ft long....maybe a little longer. We only wanted to start with that many anyway...so we'll see!

6. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    Awesome job!

7. tnmamaw01

tnmamaw01 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2011
    Hey that looks awesome. Great job. We are looking into making one of these too. You all did great!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by