1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our First Coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by vanderbecks, Jun 15, 2016.

1. vanderbecks

vanderbecks Just Hatched

Jun 15, 2016
    Olympia,WA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Nice looking coop! Have you got pictures of the other sides? I'm curious about the ventilation. Interior pictures? What size is it?...kinda looks 8x8'ish... :)

Ed

1 person likes this.
  3. Dmontgomery

Dmontgomery Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Apr 1, 2014
    Longville, La
    Nice sturdy coop. Somebody obviously has construction experience there.

4. vanderbecks

vanderbecks Just Hatched

Jun 15, 2016
    Olympia,WA
    I will post more when I get home the app is not letting post with my phone. Thank you for commenting. We are new to chickens so this is our first for everything. Our chickens should be here on the 28th. Kids are excited.

quote name="Intheswamp" url="/t/1114477/our-first-coop#post_17161677"]Nice looking coop!  Have you got pictures of the other sides?  I'm curious about the ventilation.  Interior pictures?  What size is it?...kinda looks 8x8'ish... :)

Ed
    [/quote]

5. Birdydeb

Birdydeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice. Definitely sturdy. I'm wondering about ventilation too. As a newbie myself I have discovered quickly that there is no such thing as too much ventilation for chickens and more is definitely better. Maybe your location means that you don't get so many hot stifling humid days? More rainy days instead? :) Still a very nice coop for first time.

6. zndzant

zndzant Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2013
    You could easily add ventilation to your coop by removing the 2x4 blocking between the rafters and attaching 1/4" hardware cloth over the openings using a screw with a washer behind it so it won't pull through the opening. That's what I did on mine.

7. Jack McKeon

Jack McKeon New Egg

Jun 16, 2016
    Do any of you guys know of any chicken coops online prebuilt but not assembled?

8. vanderbecks

vanderbecks Just Hatched

Jun 15, 2016
    Olympia,WA

9. vanderbecks

vanderbecks Just Hatched

Jun 15, 2016
    Olympia,WA

[/quote]

10. vanderbecks

vanderbecks Just Hatched

Jun 15, 2016