Our first egg!!! Cool color!!!

workindog

Songster
6 Years
Dec 11, 2015
CT
We got our first egg today!!! We are assuming our EE Big Bird laid this, she has been the one squatting every time we are near her. And i know they say you cant go by leg color but the egg is the same color as her legs. Its a pretty shade of green, does this shade in eggs have a name? The pic of it in my hand is closer to its true color. And it was laid on my wife birthday!!!!! ❤

Its kinda small but from what I've read they can start off small at first. Theres a pic next to a store bought large egg for size comparison

Attachments

• 20190814_202815.jpg
    20190814_202815.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20190814_203042.jpg
    20190814_203042.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 15
We got our first egg today!!! We are assuming our EE Big Bird laid this, she has been the one squatting every time we are near her. And i know they say you cant go by leg color but the egg is the same color as her legs. Its a pretty shade of green, does this shade in eggs have a name? The pic of it in my hand is closer to its true color. And it was laid on my wife birthday!!!!! ❤

Its kinda small but from what I've read they can start off small at first. Theres a pic next to a store bought large egg for size comparison

Beautiful! That first egg is so exciting! Looks like you have an "olive egger" there. And yes, most first dozen or more eggs are on the small size. They do get bigger as time marches on! That egg looks pretty big actually. Congratulations!!:D

Back
Top Bottom