1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our first EGG, yippeee!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by craftymama86, Dec 1, 2010.

1. craftymama86

craftymama86 Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't believe it, it finally happened! LOL. I mean, I know it was eventually going to happen, lol, I just didn't expect it. We think it was our BR. I don't know her age in weeks. We were told they were 3 to 4 months, when we got them. It would have been nice to know exactly how old they are. Anyways, EGGS, yippeeee!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's who we think laid it
    [​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] Congrats on your first egg!
    And your little lady is so cute. [​IMG] I adore my Barred Rocks.

3. craftymama86

Thank you!

That pic doesn't do the poor thing justice, lol. She's beautiful. [​IMG]

4. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    Actually, you can tell she's beautiful. Love her "strut". No doubt she's a Barred Rock-she has an attitude. [​IMG]

5. craftymama86

Ha, yea, she does have an attitude. I named her Miss Moody the day after we got her, lol. She's definitely the head of the flock. She has great eyesight too. She goes behind the other two and will get worms they missed. Ok, I'm gonna stop there. I could talk all night about my new chickens. [​IMG]

6. craftymama86

We got another egg this morning, WOOT! Looks just like the other one but...cleaner, lol. [​IMG]

7. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    Excellent! I myself would be excited to get some eggs right now-my girls are on winter break-I don't mind, they deserve a vacation, too.
    By the way, LOVE the name, Miss Moody-that is too cute!

8. craftymama86

Thanks! [​IMG] I can't wait till the other start laying, hehehe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by