Our First Egg!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by P8ntCrazy, Mar 1, 2014.

1. P8ntCrazy

P8ntCrazy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2014
    Queen Creek Arizona
    What a great Day!!! I woke up this morning to cloudy sky's with the smell of rain go out to feed all the critters and are checking on the Chickens and what to my surprise do I find in a nesting box but a tiny little blue/green egg from one of our Ameraucana (wish I new which..lol). Then I come inside to send a picture to my hubby (who will be as excited as me) and it starts to rain, our first rain since December the day couldn't get any better unless when I go back out to check on the girls and I find more tiny eggs!!!!

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Congratulations on that first egg! And it's Blue, how Eggciting! And what a smart pullet to lay it in the nesting box, may you get many more eggs from the girls!

3. P8ntCrazy

Jan 29, 2014
    Queen Creek Arizona
    I hope they all will lay in the boxes. I have 7 older hens that were given to me and they have been laying all winter. So the young girls have been watching them going in and out of the boxes. Although I may have to have the hubby build a few more boxes..lol[​IMG]
    Right now we have 8 boxes and 27 girls total now that the young ones are starting to lay, and the goose's nesting box but she doesn't share except with one pullet.

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    8 nests should be plenty for 27 hens.

5. P8ntCrazy

Jan 29, 2014
    Queen Creek Arizona
    That will make the hubby happy. Although he does love building things.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by