Our first eggs and update on flock

texascorgi

Songster
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
White Deer, Tx
It has been forever since I posted. I just found our first eggs today. I was so happy and laughed at the size of one of them. I call it my cadberry egg. We ate them tonight. The bigger of the three had a double yolk.
Img_0714a.jpg

Img_0713a.jpg

We discovered that we have a rooster but think that we actually have two. Here is the dominant one.
Img_0716a.jpg

Img_0715a.jpg

Here is the other one that we think is a rooster.
Img_0717a.jpg

Our girls have gotten big. Here are some pictures of our flock.
Img_0718a.jpg
Img_0719a.jpg

Img_0721a.jpg

Img_0723a.jpg

Img_0724a.jpg

I hope that this is in the right folder and appoligize if it is not. I am so busy with work that I hope to be able to post more.

Quote:
Thank you. I have no clue what my hens are. The only ones that I know are the barred rock roosters. If anyone has knowledge about what my flock is please feel free to share.

Well, I'm asking because I wasn't sure, lol. I'm brooding a bunch of silver laced wyandottes and I just can't wait to see what they look like when they grow up
smile.png

But, I've looked at a lot of pictures of SLW, and to me, she looks like one... but I could be wrong.
gig.gif

Either way, you got a bunch of beautiful girls there.
smile.png

Jess

The one laying down with it's mouth open that is black and white is a Silver Laced Wyandotte hen.

My hen, Domino, is one, and is almost identical...see? Domino is the one closest (with back to us) in the pic.

theladies.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom