Our first eggs!!!

nyeshua

Hatching
Sep 18, 2015
Southern California
Hi ! I am Sue and I bought two RIR's back in August. They were a month old. I was hoping to have my own eggs at home, but I had no idea how attached I'd get to my chickens. I had chickens when I was very young and forgot how much fun they are. Other than having to watch where I walk and constantly cleaning up the poo I just love them. And today...I'd like to brag..they both presented me with their first eggs...on the same day! Their names are Mandy and Midgie...I am just so eggcited I had to tell someone!!!

Hi ! I am Sue and I bought two RIR's back in August. They were a month old. I was hoping to have my own eggs at home, but I had no idea how attached I'd get to my chickens. I had chickens when I was very young and forgot how much fun they are. Other than having to watch where I walk and constantly cleaning up the poo I just love them. And today...I'd like to brag..they both presented me with their first eggs...on the same day! Their names are Mandy and Midgie...I am just so eggcited I had to tell someone!!!
Welcome Sue and congrats on the first eggs! I think a lot of people are surprised by how attached they can become to these funny little birds. So glad you've joined us!

Hi Sue, congratulations on your first eggs! It is so exciting when it happens. When we got our first 3 chickens last year, I never imagined how much I could love chickens. We are now up to 23 rooster and hen mix and can't wait to hatch more in the spring. They have such personality (even the crankier ones) and are so fun. We have several pullets coming into laying age, but were figuring they wouldn't lay until spring comes. Now, you have given me some hope they may lay before then.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Congrats on your first eggs!

Back
Top Bottom