1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our first eggs!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Spinksy, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Spinksy

Spinksy Just Hatched

Jul 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

Very excited to have our first eggs from our girl Kentucky! Just waiting on the others to start producing now, lazy free loaders! She's laying late morning/early afternoon, is that normal?

2. Lil Peeps

Lil Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2016

That's awesome! Congratulations on all your hard work raising them! First egg is a huge accomplishment! Isn't it so much more exciting then you imagined? Laying in the afternoon is completely normal, none of my girls even start getting in the nest till after eight or nine. They lay most of their eggs in the afternoon.

3. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Congrats!!!

4. FlyWheel

FlyWheel Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Wow, those are huge for first lays! Are you sure you didn't get ostriches by mistake?

5. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016

I know! I noticed that too! I was wondering at first if she possibly had ducks instead of chickens. What kind of chicken do you have @Spinksy

6. ty48fan

ty48fan Just Hatched

May 28, 2016
    We have 5 Silver Laced Wyandottes [​IMG] And we got our first egg Tuesday! It was smaller than our other chicken's egg. We are excited to have them start after a tough summer!

[​IMG]

7. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016

That's awesome! Such a cute little egg, nice color, too!

8. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Congratulations on getting those 1st eggs!

Congrats to you too, beautiful color!

9. FlyWheel

FlyWheel Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

10. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016

Nice! Yes, Productions Reds eggs can get quite large but start off fairly small in most cases. Sounds like you have a great flock and hopefully you'll be getting lots of eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by