Our first fall snow in PA and my dogs PICS

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hinkjc, Oct 28, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I thought I'd share some random pics from today in Northeast PA. We had power outages on and off all day. [​IMG] It was a cold, rainy, snowy, yucky, windy fall day - but it's still so perty. You get the picture. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's my lazy pups..

Hunter giving Bella kisses.. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hunter kicking back after a chilly walk outside...

[​IMG]

Bella, as usual..being nosey...

[​IMG]

Do you remember their babies?

[​IMG]

Jody

2. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

wow... you missed out on the snow!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Keep that up yonder, Miss Jody, LOL! I do not like snow, though I lived in Utah, Colorado and Ohio, but I also cannot stand Florida or south Georgia. (Guess there's no place for me on this planet, huh?) Hunter and Bella look wonderful and so do the pups!

4. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I love the snow, but it was definitely too wet and too warm to stick today. I don't think I could live in FL either. My sister lived there for years and said she'd never come back to "snow country", but she moved to Michigan and eventually back to PA. lol Guess it's not so bad.

The pups are really growing up now. The new owners stay in touch and send updated pics all the time. I have asked them if I could share updated pics on our web site when we put our Lab page back up. I hope they agree. They are such proud owners and really seem to love the pups and I'm thrilled that they stay in touch with us to let us know how they're all doing.

Jody

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    There is 3 inches of that wet sticky stuff everywhere I looked today and its still coming down!! I kept saying to the hens this evening please go inside so I can close the run doors before it gets dark and the wind blows me away! Brrrrrrrr..... But I just bundle up and go on, cause I love winter....

And the leaves are still or were on the trees, I have the incubator going and just know the electric will go out!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  6. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Oh Sandy, I knew you sent that nasty weather our way. You keep that 3 inches of snow over there now. [​IMG] I'll be just fine with the snow showers and flurries for now. Send some sunshine tomorrow please and no more wind (my ears are still numb). [​IMG]

Jody

7. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Wow those babies are adorable. Don't want my wife to see those. We have a black lab and a chocolate lab. Along with 3 others and she still talks about completing the trio with a yellow lab.

Beautiful!!

No snow here, but cold and windy. I have the first fire going in the fireplace. Going to put on another log, then head to the barn to tend to everyone then come in and warm up.

I love the changing seasons.

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am not ready for snow at all. Great pics, Jody. Nice pups!

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Here I was worried you guys got as much as us with that new coop you built!! LOL You guys just had some flurries! Glad you're safe [​IMG]

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I'm jealous.....I love snow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by