Our First Flock

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HotChix, May 14, 2008.

1. HotChix

HotChix Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2008
    Cameron, NC
    [​IMG] Here is our first flock. We thought we had all RIR pullets but we had one little boy that snuck in and he is up on the trading posting. But here is our chicks at one day and on! We will post more photos as they come.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

So cute! I love that last picture. It cracks me up when they are curious like that! [​IMG]

3. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Such adorable chicks you have there! Good luck with them. [​IMG]

4. HotChix

May 14, 2008
    Cameron, NC
    [​IMG] Im so proud of my girls (ages 5 and 7), they are really getting into the chiks. Its great having the chicks. I have to take some more photos tomorrow. This weekend we are starting the coop. We have been studying all the designs online and have narrowed it down to a few that really looked great.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    THOSE ARE REALLY CUTE AND I GUARANTEE YOU, YOU WILL NOT STOP THERE. YOU WILL END UP BUYING MORE AND MORE. WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION.[​IMG]

6. HotChix

May 14, 2008
    Cameron, NC
    You are so right. Today we were at lowes and were discussing increasing our flock by 4 more. I would love to have some Buff Orps or Black Stars. So many choices! But we are still very new so were trying to maintain our "Chicken Madness"!

7. pullet2hen

pullet2hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Arizona
    OH THEY ARE SO CUTE! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by