our first hatch...we hope

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by littlepeep, Jan 19, 2008.

1. littlepeep

littlepeep Hatching

Jan 19, 2008
    We got a beautiful collection of eggs from a nice "chick" my mom works with. We have big ones little ones green ones, spotted brown eggs...all types. We are hatching eggs for a science fair project. The eggs were set in our homemade incubator on January 1st at 3pm. Today is the 19 day and we are so excited for some pipping. I was so angry with my mom 'cause she wouldn't candle them on the 18 day. :thun When I get my chicks I want teach them to jump through a hoop:woot

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Songster

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Good luck with your hatch!

3. KrisRose

KrisRose Songster

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    Babies on the way!!!! [​IMG] Better start checking eggbid for more since the bator will be empty soon!!

4. chickflick

chickflick Crowing 11 Years

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    How exciting!! I think it's so cool you are doing this. What a great leaning experience it is for you. You are doing great!! Let us know how it goes! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. chickflick

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Heard you had a hatching!! Kristen called and told me she's a granny and she's gonna have more grand babies than I do!! Well, mine are real kids! Good Luck with the rest and I'll try and bring you the feeders tonight! Can't wait to see them!! [​IMG]

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Hows your hatch? [​IMG]

7. KrisRose

KrisRose Songster

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    Just heard from Littlepeeps mom- 8 more have pip!!! Homemade bator and 1st hatch!!![​IMG]

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG]:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

9. chickflick

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Way to go!! More chicken fanatics!! Come to the dark side....... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. KrisRose

KrisRose Songster

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    17 chicks so far [​IMG]!!! Two more eggs too go and its day 22 [​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: