our first hatch...we hope

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by littlepeep, Jan 19, 2008.

1. littlepeep

littlepeep New Egg

Jan 19, 2008
    We got a beautiful collection of eggs from a nice "chick" my mom works with. We have big ones little ones green ones, spotted brown eggs...all types. We are hatching eggs for a science fair project. The eggs were set in our homemade incubator on January 1st at 3pm. Today is the 19 day and we are so excited for some pipping. I was so angry with my mom 'cause she wouldn't candle them on the 18 day. :thun When I get my chicks I want teach them to jump through a hoop:woot

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Good luck with your hatch!

3. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    Babies on the way!!!! [​IMG] Better start checking eggbid for more since the bator will be empty soon!!

4. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    How exciting!! I think it's so cool you are doing this. What a great leaning experience it is for you. You are doing great!! Let us know how it goes! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. chickflick

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Heard you had a hatching!! Kristen called and told me she's a granny and she's gonna have more grand babies than I do!! Well, mine are real kids! Good Luck with the rest and I'll try and bring you the feeders tonight! Can't wait to see them!! [​IMG]

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Hows your hatch? [​IMG]

7. KrisRose

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    Just heard from Littlepeeps mom- 8 more have pip!!! Homemade bator and 1st hatch!!![​IMG]

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG]:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

9. chickflick

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Way to go!! More chicken fanatics!! Come to the dark side....... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. KrisRose

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    17 chicks so far [​IMG]!!! Two more eggs too go and its day 22 [​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by