Our first hatch

Mrs.Johnson

Songster
6 Years
Jul 25, 2017
Northwest Florida
Good Afternoon

I just wanted to post some pictures of our first hatch. I am not sure which hen is the mom (we have 8 Isa Brown hens, 1 Ancona hen(Falcon she was the first to try to fly), 1 blue andalusian hen(Peregrine), 1 Rhode Island Red (I called her Reba for a long time but my daughter kept calling her Red so we stuck with Red) (who went broody for the first time ever and is the caring mother hen. We have had her for about 5 to 6 yrs) 4 Easter Eggers hens (we call them the Bearded Ladies), 3 pearl white (until they dust bath😂) Leghorn hens, and 1 Buff orpington/Australorp/polish Rooster (Zeke). We had 1 green egg, 1 white egg, and 4 brown eggs hatch. The first chick is named chopstick (daughter thought his legs looked like chopsticks) the second picture is Tres (he was very the 3rd one to hatch), the 3rd is a family portrait. I wanted to hatch chicks one day but had never put that plan into action. Red decided for us that we were going to hatch chicks. We have always had a rooster with the flock for protection.

Attachments

• 20210516_131721.jpg
    20210516_131721.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210516_131858.jpg
    20210516_131858.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210516_131942.jpg
    20210516_131942.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 13
Good Afternoon

I just wanted to post some pictures of our first hatch. I am not sure which hen is the mom (we have 8 Isa Brown hens, 1 Ancona hen(Falcon she was the first to try to fly), 1 blue andalusian hen(Peregrine), 1 Rhode Island Red (I called her Reba for a long time but my daughter kept calling her Red so we stuck with Red) (who went broody for the first time ever and is the caring mother hen. We have had her for about 5 to 6 yrs) 4 Easter Eggers hens (we call them the Bearded Ladies), 3 pearl white (until they dust bath😂) Leghorn hens, and 1 Buff orpington/Australorp/polish Rooster (Zeke). We had 1 green egg, 1 white egg, and 4 brown eggs hatch. The first chick is named chopstick (daughter thought his legs looked like chopsticks) the second picture is Tres (he was very the 3rd one to hatch), the 3rd is a family portrait. I wanted to hatch chicks one day but had never put that plan into action. Red decided for us that we were going to hatch chicks. We have always had a rooster with the flock for protection.
Congratulations! They are adorable! 😍

Back
Top Bottom