1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our first jump into the chicken experience!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by saramontour, Apr 12, 2011.

1. saramontour

saramontour Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    Minneapolis, MN
    We live in a loft in downtown Tacoma, Wa, but our friends have a bigger yard a little bit on the outskirts of the city, so we've all been working hard at turning their land into a sustainable resource for us all. We've been super busy building raised beds and planting seeds for our garden, and this year have finally decided to make the leap into chickens. I've spent hours and hours on this site researching everything, and yesterday we finally went and picked up a few chicks! We had our hearts set on some Buckeye chicks, but they haven't hatched yet so we picked up a few adorable Black Copper Marans and will get the Buckeyes at the end of the week.

This forum has been SO helpful already and I can't wait to learn and share more as our chicken adventures continue.

(I wanted to post a photo to show off our new little ladies (well, hopefully ladies...) but I'm apparently to new of a member to post images.)

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    [​IMG] It's great that you ahve an arrangement worked out with your friend. Chickens are great!!

3. fishin-nole

fishin-nole Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    You can post pics using photobucket.

4. pixiedouglas

pixiedouglas Chillin' With My Peeps

theres a minimum post number before you post pictures, just reply to a few posts or ask some more questions and you should meet the post requirement pretty quick and then we can see your pretty girls!

5. saramontour

Apr 12, 2011
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks, guys!

Working on the minimum posts so I can post photos!

6. saramontour

Apr 12, 2011
    Minneapolis, MN
    I can finally post photos! Here are our three little ladies!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Very cute [​IMG] Welcome to BYC and the wonderful world of chickens. It sounds like a great project you have going up there. Have fun and good luck [​IMG]

8. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    [​IMG] the chicks are adorable! love to hear people getting together in projects like yours!

Good luck with your chickens and your garden!

9. mcjessen

mcjessen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Coeur d Alene ID
    Very cute. I love the picture of the baby sleeping. Awesome!

10. saramontour

Apr 12, 2011
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks, guys! We're only a few days into it already have an amazing time. We let the little chicks peck around in the grass yesterday and they were loving life, especially when they uncovered a couple worms. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by