our first night of trapping...

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by 5Leepy!, Aug 1, 2011.

1. 5Leepy!

5Leepy! Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Austin, TX
    and we caught the neighbor's cat and THIS!!!

[​IMG]

Gonna keep trapping until we catch the big Raccon, though. Oppossum safely relocated to an area far far away with lots of water and food in the area for it.

Our top Hen was so scared when she saw it she ran back inside the coop and up onto the roost. lolololol

2. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    Nice job. We have caught (so far) three raccoons, one oppossum and (today) a young skunk!

3. flyboy129

flyboy129 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Nice job![​IMG]
    The only difference is when I catch a coon or possum, I don't release. Too much other livestock in the area.

4. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    You need to re home him to an oven at 350 degrees with some sweet potatoes.

Rufus

5. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

I would have gotten rid of it as well... they CAN go after chickens. Hopefully that one stays where you put 'im!
    We have been trapping for weeks and have little luck trapping the perpetrator of killing our small flock. (A weasel) All we have gotten is a baby skunk, and attracted a large raccoon too big to fit in our havaheart.

6. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007

I would have gotten rid of it as well... they CAN go after chickens. Hopefully that one stays where you put 'im!
    We have been trapping for weeks and have little luck trapping the perpetrator of killing our small flock. (A weasel) All we have gotten is a baby skunk, and attracted a large raccoon too big to fit in our havaheart.

I would give the weasel and the skunk a pass on the oven. However, I know people that eat raccoons. Personally, I would pass on that also. However, I am sure the internet has lot of coon recipes.

Rufus

7. joneus

joneus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by