Our foster dogs

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Carole AM, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    We made a decision that is either crazy or stupid, but I wanted to do this for awhile. [​IMG] We became foster parents for rescued puppies/dogs. We adopted Brandi in September from a rescue. Then I got information on fostering and its been a zoo ever since!

Brandi-at 7 months
    [​IMG]

Right before Thanksgiving we were asked to foster "Sweetie". She's 8 months old, and they said Border Collie mix. What do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then just last Friday we went to pick up "Bear". He is a 5 month old "?". First they said Border Collie/Cocker Spaniel, then they say Flat-Coated Retriever/ Sheltie mix!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All of them!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any ideas? So far they all get along good. Bear is working on his potty-training.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'd love to do that, but hubby would NOT be happy about it!

3. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    They're cute. I love the way rescues always try to make up 'good' crosses. The little black & white grump looks like a pit/lab mix to me. The other looks to be a lab/golden mix.

Bravo to you for fostering!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hi Carole,

Hope you are having a great day and it's great that you are fostering. I'm sure the return blessings will be many.

My ideas: Brandi, some kind of shepherd mix, maybe collie?

I guess they say border collie on Sweetie because of the black and white huh? Could be hound too though?

Bear, what a cutie! I'd say definitely some spaniel, but perhaps not cocker spaniel. Maybe one of the larger spaniels....english springer maybe?

One things for sure....100% cute. [​IMG]

5. ChickenFanaticAB

ChickenFanaticAB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    GA
    They are adorable! Looks like you definitely have your hands full! As far as breeds go, Sweetie looks like a hound mix to me, and Bear looks like a flat coated retriever mix. I would love to do that someday but I'm not sure I would ever be able to say goodbye to them!

6. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I would love to do that someday but I'm not sure I would ever be able to say goodbye to them!

I know--that may be hard to do! But here at least they are getting socialized. [​IMG]

Bear is the only one not potty-trained, but he is younger too. Oh, by the way, Brandi is a Collie/Belgian Tervuren Shepherd mix.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by