Our foster dogs

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Carole AM, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Carole AM

Carole AM Songster

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    We made a decision that is either crazy or stupid, but I wanted to do this for awhile. [​IMG] We became foster parents for rescued puppies/dogs. We adopted Brandi in September from a rescue. Then I got information on fostering and its been a zoo ever since!

Brandi-at 7 months
    [​IMG]

Right before Thanksgiving we were asked to foster "Sweetie". She's 8 months old, and they said Border Collie mix. What do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then just last Friday we went to pick up "Bear". He is a 5 month old "?". First they said Border Collie/Cocker Spaniel, then they say Flat-Coated Retriever/ Sheltie mix!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All of them!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any ideas? So far they all get along good. Bear is working on his potty-training.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'd love to do that, but hubby would NOT be happy about it!

3. helmstead

helmstead Songster

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    They're cute. I love the way rescues always try to make up 'good' crosses. The little black & white grump looks like a pit/lab mix to me. The other looks to be a lab/golden mix.

Bravo to you for fostering!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hi Carole,

Hope you are having a great day and it's great that you are fostering. I'm sure the return blessings will be many.

My ideas: Brandi, some kind of shepherd mix, maybe collie?

I guess they say border collie on Sweetie because of the black and white huh? Could be hound too though?

Bear, what a cutie! I'd say definitely some spaniel, but perhaps not cocker spaniel. Maybe one of the larger spaniels....english springer maybe?

One things for sure....100% cute. [​IMG]

5. ChickenFanaticAB

ChickenFanaticAB Songster

Jan 15, 2007
    GA
    They are adorable! Looks like you definitely have your hands full! As far as breeds go, Sweetie looks like a hound mix to me, and Bear looks like a flat coated retriever mix. I would love to do that someday but I'm not sure I would ever be able to say goodbye to them!

6. Carole AM

Carole AM Songster

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I would love to do that someday but I'm not sure I would ever be able to say goodbye to them!

I know--that may be hard to do! But here at least they are getting socialized. [​IMG]

Bear is the only one not potty-trained, but he is younger too. Oh, by the way, Brandi is a Collie/Belgian Tervuren Shepherd mix.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: