Our free range firsts (pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mrs918, Jun 8, 2011.

1. mrs918

mrs918 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    spokane,wa
    My DH and I decided to let the girls free range a few days ago... Last night we let them out to wander (the third time for them) and we sat in our gazebo and watched them run around. It was so great to watch them "interact" (ie, tease) the dogs, with no fear at all! They really love the freedom of the yard! Next thing we know, Dolly, our crazy ee wanders through the open gazebo "door" and starts looking all around, I knew she was going to jump onto our table... but instead she jumps into my lap, settles in and lets me stroke her. She ended up falling asleep in my lap. She is one crazy chicken, and we so love her (and the other three of course!) I just had to share with other chicken ppl who won't say "eww, you let a chicken sit on you!!" LOL

Dolly in my lap
    [​IMG]

My sweet EE
    [​IMG]

stare down with my Boston
    [​IMG]

my youngest bully thinks he's been "replaced" by these intruders...
    [​IMG]

Some black n white
    [​IMG]

2. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Love the pics. Funny how people think a chicken shouldn't be on someone's lap. What do they know. I have a garden swing in my backyard and whenever I go sit in it my chicken "Mrs Peeps comes running up and jumps on board right to my lap. I love it.[​IMG] Thanks for sharing.

3. mrs918

Jan 14, 2011
    spokane,wa
    Im hoping it becomes a nightly traditon for us [​IMG]

4. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    What a good chicken. Thank heavens we have a place where people appreciate our chickens stories.

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Anybody who thinks it's "eww" or silly to have a chicken on your lap...has obviously never had a chicken on their lap [​IMG]
    You have some pretty birds there [​IMG] and your pups are cute too!

6. mrs918

Jan 14, 2011
    spokane,wa
    Quote:Thanks! They are so much fun.......the dogs n chickens both!

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Looks like everybody is happy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by