Our Gentle Giant

Not saying that I want to eat him thought. We'll just have to see how things get on in future. For now, both Alfredo and Molasses are too valuable to me to get rid of. We'll have to reassess later.

We finally finished our large Chicken Coop last week, and on Saturday we got 6 6-month old Buff Orpingtons to start our new adventure. All seemed fine, and in great health. On Sunday, my husband told me that one wasn't doing well. When I went down to see her, her head was upside down and her neck was a bit twisted. She looked very weak, and we were so afraid that we were going to lose her. I brought her to house, and we put her in one of the dog crates. I kept trying to give her water, and then food. Sometimes she took the water. I kept comforting her, used a phototonic red light on her, and prayed for her health. I gently petted her, and spoke to her. The poor baby moaned a bit. We called the breeder, and he told us that we should bring her back, and he wanted to replace her. I told him that I wanted to try to nurse her back to health if that was possible. We checked on her in the morning, and we didn't see an improvement. I put more water down, red lighted her more, comforted and told her that if she wanted to make it, she would have to drink and eat to get strength. An hour or so when I checked back on her, she was trying to get up, and I saw her drink and eat. Another hour passed, and she was standing up. That evening, she seemed very close to full health. Today (the next day), she seems to be totally back to full health. We're going to put her back in with the others, but we first want to put an ID band because 'Gracie' is going to be our very special girl.

Back
Top Bottom