Our girls are laying!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cheraboo, Apr 3, 2009.

1. cheraboo

cheraboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2008
    Michigan
    Yeehaw! Sergei just came running in the house with an egg!!! He went back out and checked the top of the coop and found another egg - but it was cracked. Guess our Silkies are laying [​IMG]

Now the question will be if the egg is fertilized or not. We haven't moved Baby Joe (aka Baby) from the coop since we discovered "he" was not a "she". I think he's going to be moving out to his own place this weekend.

2. chickencoop31320

chickencoop31320 Have bator, will hatch

Sep 24, 2008
    Southeast Georgia
    congrats on the eggs... I have silkies too.
    How old are your's now?
    Mine are 5 months old, just curious when they might start laying.
    Hoping it will be SOON!!![​IMG]

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    WOO HOO! Congrats! I remember that excitement of our first layer [​IMG] Just watch for that squatting when you reach to pet them chickencoop...about a week after you will most likely see your first egg! It has been true for ALL my hens and I have a LOT of them! [​IMG]

4. cheraboo

cheraboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2008
    Michigan
    Quote:Our girls are about 6 1/2 months old now. Jacob put the egg right in the incubator because he's hoping it will be fertile. He's picturing babies that are part Favorelle, part EE and part Silkie. Can that even happen?

Haven't seen Baby Joe getting friendly with anyone. DH says maybe he has and that's why he has started crowing [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by