our gold lace pullett

daphneysmamma

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 30, 2013
erwin , NC
So one kid is showing a silkie end of month ..and my other son has a gold lace wyandotte pullett that's actually one of my favorite layers :). Beautiful girl.. he'd like to show her. I studied her and my standard ..I have some trouble interpreting the standard at times and this is our first show so can yall help me out..everything I can tell looks awesome but I'm questioning her feather coloring has a few hidden mossy feathers .. u don't see them just looking but if u look thru the feathers u do. Her legs are yellow but she has a slight dark tinge evenly across the front .. not dark spots. Now in the comb there are just a couple teensy black smaller than speck of pepper spots...would u show her? B honest .. not gonna hurt my feelings a bit. I'll try to get a good series of pics this evening

Where did you get her? If she's from a hatchery, she may not be a good bird to show, as hatchery birds may have the wrong body type. Could you post a picture? If you post a picture, I'll give my opinion on whether she is good for showing or not.

Do you have a picture of her?

If it's just your kids showing, like 4-H or something, go ahead and let him take her. Most shows of that type around here are all hatchery birds.

She's probably fine for showing at a 4-H show, as I don't see anything that would disqualify her. However, I wouldn't show her at anything other than that-- at a large show, her small size (show-quality Golden Laced Wyandottes are huge and much fluffier) may disqualify her, or at least she wouldn't place very high.

She's probably fine for showing at a 4-H show, as I don't see anything that would disqualify her. However, I wouldn't show her at anything other than that-- at a large show, her small size (show-quality Golden Laced Wyandottes are huge and much fluffier) may disqualify her, or at least she wouldn't place very high.
Agreed.

Ok . Ty guys. I may let him do the fair ..she weighs 5.5 lbs she's about 5 months old. Wonder how I could fatten n fluff her lol. I just bought vitamin supplement for my flock maybe it will help..she may not be blue ribbon quality but I want her to look her best this fall ..heck I want all my birds to look their best.I just started adding protein with scrambled eggs as well

Back
Top Bottom