Our goofy LGD Casca

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Cetawin, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Well he is 14 months old and just as goofy as he was at 15 weeks old. Casca is half Great Pyr and half Lab, maturing very slowly like the Pyr. He looks like a black golden retriever just a tad bigger and with the pyr jowls. He is extremely vocal (as speckledhen can testitfy to) and he is or must be involved in everything that goes on in the house. I thought I would sahre some recent pics of the beast.

Coming to see what I have

[​IMG]

Reading the mail and thinking about a cup of coffee as a treat

[​IMG]

Talking to DH attempting to convince DH that he should go for a ride in the van with him

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

His curled lip Elvis Impression

[​IMG]

He is really good with the birds but he wants to play ball with the ducks, which they do not appreciate. He runs over to them with his soccer ball (getting them defensive) and throws the ball down and bounces all around them. Then the 11 of them proceed to raise heck and chase him. LOL

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    We had friends who took in two Pyr/Yellow Lab pups and they made the best dogs! Good luck with that silly Casca!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Julie that is great to know! I love him too pieces...goofy and all.

5. chickerdoodle

chickerdoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Oregon
    C U T E!!! [​IMG]

6. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    Quote:They were named Pokey and Cornbread. Looked like huge, light-colored golden retrievers... except with double dewclaws. [​IMG]

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Oooooohhhhhh, what a beautiful dog! [​IMG] Sounds like he is going to be a great guardian for your flock!

8. Laney

Laney Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Spring Hope, NC
    Oh Kathy, he looks like a love! I would love to have him over for a playdate with all the dogs here at our farm. We have Brodie, my little 20lb Border Terrier who has so much dog packed into his 20lbs you would think he was a great dane! Then there is Lucky and Lexie, both rescue black labs next door at my inlaws. We think Lucky has some grey hound in her, and Lexie maybe some german shephard. Then of course there is Joey...he was a Shih Tzu who was rescued from some elderly ladies who were really too old to own a dog.

So send him to play, he can even sleep in my bed! He'll keep me warm! LOL

Laney

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Julie he has double dews too...when he is fully matured at 2 years, he will be neutered and the vet will remove the dews at the same time.

Kathy he is great. But still so much bouncing puppy, I do not leave him unattended with them yet. Just once bounce and my biggest bir would be pancaked. [​IMG] when he stands up, his paws are on my shoulders and his head on my shoulder. He takes naps with me and lays beside the tub when I take a bath...he has done that since he came home with me....because he followed me everywhere, I took the camera with me and this is him looking into the tub at 13 weeks old

[​IMG]

When he had almost outgrown his crate at 6 months old

[​IMG]

he is a goofball no doubts there.

This is the chickens' true guardian...he loves his chickens, they peck him on the head and the ducks chase him

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

There's my phone buddy! What a goof he is, but you gotta love a goofball that can stand up taller than you are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by