our government at work :/

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by crtrlovr, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

The U.S. government at work………

You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet………….

For those of you who have never traveled to the west, or southwest, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.

A few months ago, President Obama received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado. Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Secretary of the Interior to fire half of the “cattle” guards immediately!!

Before the Secretary of the Interior could respond and presumably try to straighten him out, Vice-President, Joe Biden, intervened with a request that…. before any “cattle” guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining.

And these guys are running our country!

Passed on to you without further comment.... (but I'm having to bite my tongue REALLY, REALLY HARD...)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I so hope this isn't true...

If I was the leader of the country/world/business/my own home and I wasn't sure about some terminology I would consult some kind of expert before I proceeded to open my mouth.

The interwebs are even a wonderful source of information - do they have the interwebs in the white house [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Slinkytoys

Slinkytoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Black Forest
    Has to be a joke, yes?!
    Slinky

4. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:I'm hoping it's a joke too....

5. colowyo0809

colowyo0809 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Dacono, CO
    Considering that near as I can figure he's a city boy born and bred, why would he know what a cattle guard is? And in a climate that currently supports border guards for a country that is free to enter, why would that be a hard stretch to figure they are guarding cattle?

At least he can walk and eat at the same time unlike the last prez [​IMG]

If I wouldn't have grown up in an area where we knew what cattle guards are, I would be confused about them as well. can you honestly say you've never had a dumb moment?

6. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:I'm glad it's false. It would be sad if it wasn't.

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Silly hoaxes, I sure wish people would stop passing them around. I have an aquaintance who feels she has to email everything on - her emails now go straight to the trash bin, after I asked her 4 times to not send junk to me.

I'm a big fan of research it first! [​IMG]

8. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:DITTO!!

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Born and raised in the city, and I remember being in 2nd grade and knowing what they were (a birthday party at a farm/ranch, and we had to walk over them--not fun for small feet. And yes, I already knew what they were. That said, i agree that things like this should be checked before being passed. My first thought when I read the post was "check snopes!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by