Our handicapped rooster has swollen, frostbitten wattles, what do we do?

Dec 28, 2020
IMG_6797.jpg
IMG_6796.jpg

We pulled the blanket off his cage this morning to find his wattles have gotten more swollen than yesterday, we brought him in because he was getting bullied and kept away from the water and food by the other chickens, if someone knows what's wrong, then please tell us

View attachment 2936592View attachment 2936593

We pulled the blanket off his cage this morning to find his waddles have gotten more swollen than yesterday, we brought him in because he was getting bullied and kept away from the water and food by the other chickens, if someone knows what's wrong, then please tell us
Frostbite is tricky I live in florida, but last year was specifically in the 30s by me. I had one hen get frostbite on her comb, but I just put triple antibiotics and brought her inside. Throw some rags in the dryer so they’re hot for him to sit on and I wrapped mine in one. If your rooster lets you

Frostbite is tricky I live in florida, but last year was specifically in the 30s by me. I had one hen get frostbite on her comb, but I just put triple antibiotics and brought her inside. Throw some rags in the dryer so they’re hot for him to sit on and I wrapped mine in one. If your rooster lets you
Thank you, I'll try that

Back
Top Bottom