our hawk carnage

MelissaF

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 18, 2014
Nashua
7 yrs here and this hawk has never bothered anyone, not even the animals smaller than my ducks, the other day I came around the corner to him eating my Quinn. One I hatched a raised. And Luna was missing the back of his neck.

Ouch, the poor babies...that's why you can never be too careful. :/ We only walk Wobbles with the two of us on either side of him, but in the winter we worry since there's a bald eagle nest not one block away and he'd be a perfect pigeon-sized morsel for the big galoot!

Ouch, the poor babies...that's why you can never be too careful. :/ We only walk Wobbles with the two of us on either side of him, but in the winter we worry since there's a bald eagle nest not one block away and he'd be a perfect pigeon-sized morsel for the big galoot!

We have 9 ducks all together, that same day I ordered an chainlink dog kennel

Yes, this time of yr there is not much food for them and they go after things they might not usually
Cover the top of your run with heavy netting and secure it down well or secured chicken wire over top they will fly right in and help themselves. So very sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom