Our 'hermaphrodite' is gonna have kids!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by flyingmonkeypoop, Jun 7, 2008.

1. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    We have had a doe for about 3 years and she was cystic and have had lots of problems with her. When we took her to the breeder they said she fought with the buck and mounted another doe so they said she was a hermaphrodite. We kept her to keep the nubian company until she kidded. Well they are due the 15th and there is nothin in the nubian or anything. I was feeling them last night and thought I felt somethin in the lamancha so I had mom come and check to confirm it and she felt something also. Mom squeezed the teat to see if anything would happen and milk came out. When she has kids we are going to send the breeder a pic of the 'hermaphrodite' and her kids. We bred her to a boer and we plan on keeping a doe if she has one to be bred back to a boer for 3/4 boer meat goats. Next year we are going to breed the lamancha to a nice buck so we will have meat babies and milk babies.
    Just thought I'd share, when she kids I will post pics, I am so excited!

2. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    [​IMG] I had a ewe that never seemed to concieve. So I put her in with the ram full time to keep him company. I knew I could have a chance of lambs anytime by doing that. She never had a lamb for me in 3 years time. Then sadly I had to give them all away as I got a 24 hour notice to vacate the property they didn't want sheep there anymore. Well, she had quads for the people I gave her to after she was with the same ram over the winter.

3. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    LOL! Congrats! Our senior alpha does commonly mount the other does when they're hormonal...and spar with the bucks when they're in heat. Guess it's love & war haha.

4. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Quote:Figures! That's like one lamb for every year + an extra!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by