Our Ideal poultry has shipped!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by wannabe_chickadee, Oct 18, 2011.

1. wannabe_chickadee

wannabe_chickadee Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2011
    Our little box of chickens is on the way! We ordered 13 pullets (so will probably also have 12 roos) and they shipped today. I have the brooder all set up--so excited! We ordered 3 barred rock pullets, 3 black sex-linked pullets, 3 black australorp pullets, and 4 rare breed surprise pullets. I wonder how long it will take to get here after they shipped and I wonder what the surprise ones will be!!

2. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Yay!! Post pics when they come [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. FeHosting

FeHosting Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2011
    Data Center
    Our was ship out today should be here in two days. they ship out of TX.

We ordered the Assorted Heavy 15 and the Surprise Special 15 so we will see what we get and how good they look. We will be sure to post pic's as soon as we get them..

Best of luck!

4. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    They always put packing peanuts which are always male chicks for extra warmth.

5. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Welcome to the BYC [​IMG]

WoW how exciting!!
    Surprise Silkie [​IMG] Polish? Are you guys ready with a box, heater, wood shavings or torn up paper. Spill proof water and food dish, heat lamp. thermometer, week1 90*, week2 85*, week3 80* and so on until fully feathered. Chick starter, a fluffy stuffed animal to climb on and snuggle with like mommy. Great times are ahead good luck

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  6. wannabe_chickadee

Oct 17, 2011
    Quote:Yup, got all that stuff ready. I have a Timneh African Grey parrot that I raised from a hatchling (she's now a healthy adult and is my sweetheart) and I had to do much the same for her too. Will be nice not to have to syringe feed these little peeps every 3-4 hours though--that was stressful. [​IMG] I hope the surprise rare ones are interesting. The 'packing peanuts' will probably be going to grow up and on to freezer camp at a friend's house. We live in a suburb where roos probably wouldn't be too appreciated.

7. wannabe_chickadee

Oct 17, 2011
    They're here! They're all healthy and doing great so far. Got the 13 pullets we ordered (3 bl. sex-link, 3 bl. australorp, 3 barred rock, and 4 rare surprise pullets) plus 8 packing peanuts. I'm guessing the packing peanuts are all production reds or similar--all golden-red, one has a slightly darker broad stripe on his back. The 4 rare breed pullets are supposed to be Black Langshan, Maran, Sussex, and Welsummer. That's what was penciled on the invoice. I don't know a thing about those breeds to say for sure if that's what the extras actually are and/or are those actually rare breeds? lol I don't have enough posts to put up pictures yet but I have a ton. [​IMG]

8. FeHosting

FeHosting Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2011
    Data Center
    Still don't have mine. asked our mailman today about it they told me most likey 2mor.

we will see. great to hear! Happy to get mine soon. Did they call you when they got them or how did it go down?

9. wannabe_chickadee

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes, they called me first thing this morning and asked me to come and get them. The postmaster said my mail carrier was worried they would get too cold in his vehicle since he drives with the window down. [​IMG]

10. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    sweet i have some coming nov 1-3 i can't wait.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by