Our Library Ordered Raising Chickens for Dummies!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sparkles2307, Sep 16, 2009.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

I only requested it 10 days ago and they now have 2 copies ordered and my name on one of them for first dibs!!!

2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    How do you know if your library ordered it?

3. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    The Gwinnett county library - Greyson branch - just got one! I didn't know Gwinnett even allowed chickens. I live in Walton county and pay the out-of-county annual fee, which is the best $30 I spend on books per year.

To check your library system a) check online catalog search and click on the appropriate options - maybe under reserve this book option. Or b) ask the librarian.

4. SarahFair

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Quote:Hey neighbor! [​IMG]
    I put in a request for it at walton county [​IMG]

You are allowed chickens in Gwinnett county if you have 5+ acres (crazy if you ask me!)

5. StupidBird

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Hiya neighbor! Hey Sarah, do you remember the original Loganville Library, beside the original police station / court room? Next to the city well?

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hey, there is someone in Lilburn where my dad lives that always advertises chickens in the market bulletin. It's not unusual for cities to allow a few chickens, even Atlanta does.

7. SarahFair

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Quote:Oh that is where I spent my highschool years growing up. A lot of my family lives in Lilburn and we truck the 30 miles every weekend to visit with family and friends. Do you know how much property you have to have in Lilburn? My dad has almost 3 acres and really wants some of my chickens.

8. SarahFair

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Quote:Umm.. No..
    lol
    I grew up in Gwinnett and only moved out this way a few years ago. Why? Is there an interesting story?

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I know there are folks in Grayson and Lilburn who have chickens, but no idea how much land you are supposed to have. I believe they have their ordinances online, like most folks these days, though. I used to work in the Gwinnett county library, but way before I had chickens, so no idea how many chicken books they have in stock.

10. StupidBird

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    The Greyson library only has the one "chickens for dummies"...just whole shelves of dogs, cats, horses, a few on rabbits, rodents, lizards.

The old Loganville Library was a literal hole-in-the wall across that little parking lot where the well and old fish restaurant is located. Shoe horned next to the old police station. think how wide a building is that is as wide as your outstretched arms. Run it the depth of those old-town block buildings. That's how big it was, just about. Wish I had a picture. The old store fronts may still be there. I'll look next time I'm that way. Stuck home with a virus. yuck. should be trying to sleep it off instead of BYC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by