Our Lil P'S & T'S still going strong..**pic heavy**

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by wilds of pa, Jul 19, 2010.

1. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Some pic's of our p's and T's. even though the T'S seem to be out growing the P's they really like each other which i didn't think they would. All our doing just fantastic and very hardy birds..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Watch out raising peas with turkeys. The peas may follow the poults and think they are better than everybody else. [​IMG]

Go ahead and say it Deerman...... I double dare you....."shut up Steve"

If they are raised together they do fine Wilds, If you add the peas to turkeys the turks will pick on the peas.

Steve

3. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Steve.......I raise them the same , just don't pen them together. What would you like me to say???? Its chicken that should not be raised with turkey or peafowl.......

These were all raised together..from dayold.......still the Tom killed the peacock in the spring. Yes those are Wild turkey,

[​IMG]

4. scruffysmom

scruffysmom Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2010
    Okay, Steve and Deerman, I have a peacock egg under an Easter egger, due to hatch next week. I plan to take the peacock and maybe one or two of the Easter egger chicks at hatch. I wanted the peacock to have a buddy or two in the brooder. Will this be a problem?

5. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist Premium Member

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Quote:Just a thought, if you put all the eggs under the hen at the same time the peachcik will hatch out a week later (sorry- not being Steve or Deerman [​IMG])

6. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes fellas i plan to separate them.. you know us, we don't run nothing together here. Just brooding them together as the one hatched with the wild turkey poults, but they surely do like each other at this time..

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:Yes poults and peachicks have the same needs, feed and way they are brood. NICE peachicks BS purple or bs cameo ??

8. lorad

lorad Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2010
    Edelstein, IL
    off topic, but since you have such nice photos- when can you color sex turkey poults? I have some about the same age as the ones in the photos (2 spanish black, 5 wild type, and 1 bourban red mutt). They all seem to talk quite readily but none of the them are fanning for display. Suggestions?
    Lora

9. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    first as long as the little chicks are always with the peachick an has never been on the ground they should be fine.we did the same thing for our lone peachick he was very said by himself flying up trying to sneek through the wire so we took the little pollish chick we had that was still in brooder an put him with the peachick worked real well.i am starting to see that peacocks are a very social birds an dont like being alone.as for sexing turkeys pretty hard till there heads start to change try to scrape metal on wood like drag a ho on the side of a 2x4 will almost always make my young ones gobble hens will not gobble but they will fan an dance so dont go by that.if you go to the store you can buy a gobble call but the ho on wood worked for us an was cheap:D

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  10. lorad

lorad Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2010
    Edelstein, IL
    Quote:My husband has a barred owl call and a hen turkey slate call. I think I will try them both and see who gobbles. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by