Our little dog died last night

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by thebritt, Nov 30, 2009.

1. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    My DH's little chi/doxie, Stella, died last night of heart failure. [​IMG] It was brutal. She had been diagnosed last week and given medication, and we were told she could live another 1 -2 years, so her fast decline was quite a shock. Her symptoms started over the summer as a cough followed by gagging, which just became more and more frequent. When they x-rayed her last week, it showed an enlarged heart. My DH is absolutely beside himself with grief. This just sucks [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

So sorry. It's tough to lose our pets.

Imp

3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

4. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    Im so sorry to hear of your lose. It is hard to loose a pet. At least you tried your best.

5. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I'm so sorry. We lost our chihuahua the day before Thanksgiving to congestive heart failure. He had been on meds for a month and we thought all was well but one day he awoke and I knew it was going to be a bad day. My vet told me to expect days like that but as the day progressed he didn't improve and I took him in and we made the decision that his quality of life was no longer what he would have wanted.

Your little dog is in a much better place and no longer suffering. Again, I'm sorry for familys lose.

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] I don't expect our antique beagle to make it through the winter, but then he's 27 now. They've been saying for the past 10 years he won't make it.
    I'm sorry for your loss but in way I'm glad she didn't have to hang on and suffer.

7. Laney

Laney Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Spring Hope, NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Laney

8. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    So Sorry for your loss!

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    My heart aches for you, it is so hard to lose a companion.

Many years ago, I started a tradition for my lost buddies. I would bury them with a rosebush, or fruit tree above- and every year when they bloomed it was like a homecoming, where we cried a bit, laughed a bit and shared memories of that pet. My former yard in TX and this one in SC have a lot of trees and rosebushes- and they each have a fond memory.

Hugs to you all.

10. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by