Our little Emu died

Ducky lives on in your memories. You tried very hard. Much much harder than many.

We hope you will stay a part of our community.

se

Thank you, we are heartbroken...the poor little baby emu had such a rough start at life. I know in the wild she wouldn't have made it through her infected eye or pneumonia, but she fought so hard and came out of it virtually unscathed. It is just so sad that she remained so happy until her last 24 hours, which were brutal. If love truly could heal she would have live forever. RIP Little Duck.
sad.png

Diana so sad, but for the best all round...Emus need to be strong and healthy from day 1 , one consolation, it was not your fault....but yet another unscrupulous seller of Emu chicks., making money out of genuine Emu lovers.
RIP Little darling...
Calla

Last edited:
So sorry about your little baby , Little Ducky was a lucky baby to have such a loving and caring owner, you did everything you could , I know that doesn't help but sometimes it does happen , heartbroken for you ,I know how it feels ,
sad.png

hugs.gif

Awww, no, I was rooting so hard for you, too... I am so sorry... you gave her an amazing life, even if it was short. I agree with Calla, though... seems like something was off from the beginning. Do you think you'll be trying again from a different breeder?

I'm so sorry for your loss. :c

Thanks everyone for being so sweet.
No, we will not be getting another emu...quite honestly there has never been another animal that has touched us quite like Ducky did, and I really couldn't do it again. I really don't think I have it in me (emotionally) to have another. I learned so much from her, and in return she learned to both trust & love us as humans...she made it so evident that she loved us by her excitement and constant want to be near us. We miss her so much.

Back
Top Bottom