1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our little "ghetto coop"

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by justusnak, Apr 28, 2007.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Well....we did it....we went out today, and built a little coop. Its no big deal...just for 3 chickens. We got a polish roo a few weeks ago, and want to get him a few girls to keep him company.
    Anyways....my DH gets these large wooden crates from work....so we threw together a coop for Ben and his hopefully soon to be girls...
    This is what we started with...2 crates.
    [​IMG]

Stacked together, and secured.
    [​IMG]
    This is an access door, to the nest.
    [​IMG]

the nest box..
    [​IMG]

The bottom door, access to clean and feed and water.

[​IMG]

The outside door to the yard....thinking it might not be big enough, will have to see.
    [​IMG]

So...thats it! Still needs painted, but ready for Ben...this took about 6 hrs. Cost... NOTHING! Everything we had was free, or left over from other projects.

2. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    That's great! And the price is right!!
    Terrific job, your little flock of three is gonna love it! [​IMG]

3. maggiePI

maggiePI Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2007
    S. Oregon
    Bravo! Fits my kinda budget and lifestyle [​IMG]
    Looks like your chickens are little rototillers like mine [​IMG]

4. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Very nice, and the price is right. Those are some nice crates he gets at work for sure!!

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Rototillers, or bulldozers! They sure love to scratch at anything living and green for sure. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by