Our move to Kansas and our pets

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by conny63malies, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    We had to move from Youngstown Ohio to Fort Riley Ks in one day. THat means 980 miles with three kids a cat and two grown ups in a Cobalt, packed to the rim and then some. We only did a drive by at attractions. Espec . the Arch in St Louis since the neighborhood was rather iffy and full of rowdy football fence. So the pic was taken out of a moving car
    [​IMG]
    Mom, you wont even let us a put ONE stinkin sticker on the car(found in a rest area in Missouri)
    [​IMG]
    This is our by now four month old Basset hound Copper , doing what he does best: SLEEP
    [​IMG]
    THis is Scooby,we rescued her as a ten month old puppy from the pound, when her owner refused to pick her up!!!
    Note the air vent in the back, it is the source of many arguments between Scooby and Copper.Scooby tents to win and hogs all the hot air for herself.
    [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Connie there are SOOO many new people here now!!! Have you looked at the membship number??Like over 40K! It is nuts!!! I hope others that have been here for awhile see your post....

3. Great pics ! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip [​IMG]

I remember our long move here to Missouri from Ohio ,4 kiddos and many pets boy was i glad when the trip was through. shheeew

Fay

4. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:Its crazy, isnt it?

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Are you living on post?

6. kipepeo

kipepeo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    [​IMG] welcome to KS don't get blown away I love driving through the flint hills I am about 2 hrs from you

7. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

So good to see you back Connie! [​IMG] Hey, if you need to hook up with some Scovies, MDC is located right there in Kansas. [​IMG]
    Love your new critters!

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Welcome back! Nice to see you!

9. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:Yes, we do. Slap-dap between church, gas station,post office ,bank,library ,golf and school all within 5min walking.. Our housing area is called Peterson Place.

10. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:THat is some crazy wind up here. I never seen it anywhere but here , sometimes 40-50 mph all day long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by