Our move to Kansas and our pets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and did i mention we stayed for two days in the hotel where Timothy McVeigh was. The now infamous Dreamland Motel. The morning we left a Penske truck just he used stood outside, atleast we werent in the same room(26)

Quote:
THat is some crazy wind up here. I never seen it anywhere but here , sometimes 40-50 mph all day long.

sometimes it blows for days wait till spring

Quote:
THat is some crazy wind up here. I never seen it anywhere but here , sometimes 40-50 mph all day long.

Welcome to Kansas......Yep, we are a windy state.
big_smile.png
My daughter & SIL live in Manhattan. I'm about 2 hours away too.

Connie, Copper looks blissful in his fleecy bed--darling pose:) I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Bassets. Our first dog was a Bassett, Heidi, who was a wonderful mother, who had big wonderful litters of backyard-raised pups that helped put DH through law school when we had no $$ at all. Good memories... Best wishes as you settle into your new home! ~G

Quote:
I am considering not fixing him and maybe get another girl in a few years . I had already six people wanting to buy him because of his looks and good nature. His color seems to be a strong gene since his dad looks the same. He is pretty smart and already knows four commands: Sit , down, roll over and shake hands. Now we just have to get that potty training down and work on scent tracking.

Quote:

Welcome to Kansas......Yep, we are a windy state.
big_smile.png
My daughter & SIL live in Manhattan. I'm about 2 hours away too.

My kids are actually waiting for a tornado.
roll.png

Yes, we do. Slap-dap between church, gas station,post office ,bank,library ,golf and school all within 5min walking.. Our housing area is called Peterson Place.

Don't forget to plan a night out at Famous Dave's in Manhattan. YUMMY wings
big_smile.png

Junction City (on the other side of the base) is kind of a pit, but there is a cute antique shop on the main drag.

That is the extend of my knowledge of the area
big_smile.png

We only visited our son over a long weekend. He was working at one of the defacs, but now they are taking classes and getting ready to deploy.​

Quote:
big_smile.png

Junction City (on the other side of the base) is kind of a pit, but there is a cute antique shop on the main drag.

big_smile.png

We only visited our son over a long weekend. He was working at one of the defacs, but now they are taking classes and getting ready to deploy.

Iam waiting on the income taxes and then we will have girls night out with some other spouses.
Junk City is a huge dump. There is nothing out here. Three Walmart in 50 mile radius, no Old Navy, Outback Steakhouse...... but they have plenty of gun stores. They only have a small Jo Ann fabric , no Michaels .
tongue.gif
We are so retiring out here. What the have plenty of is Korean restaurants.

Some part of HQ just deployed, dont know where to though.

Last edited:
Quote:
big_smile.png

big_smile.png

We only visited our son over a long weekend. He was working at one of the defacs, but now they are taking classes and getting ready to deploy.

Iam waiting on the income taxes and then we will have girls night out with some other spouses.
Junk City is a huge dump. There is nothing out here. Three Walmart in 50 mile radius, no Old Navy, Outback Steakhouse...... but they have plenty of gun stores. They only have a small Jo Ann fabric , no Michaels .
tongue.gif
We are so retiring out here. What the have plenty of is Korean restaurants.

Some part of HQ just deployed, dont know where to though.

The closest Micheals is in Lincoln,NE or Wichita. Outback in Lincoln, NE or Topeka. There is Whiskey Creek steak house in Salina also JOAns and Hobby Lobby, Old Navy is in Salina, Topeka, Lincoln, NE

You should go here for Family Style Chicken Dinner. I have only been once and not since it moved to this location In Ablilene

http://www.brookvillehotel.com/

You should go here too great burgers and steaks

http://www.littleapplebrewery.com/

In KS you just get used to having to drive a fair distance to get to places I grew up here I am used to it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom