Our new adventure

sburt115

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2016
Bethel, OH
My husband and I started this new adventure of raising baby chicks about 9 weeks ago when we bought 10 chicks. One passed away but we currently have 3 silver laced wyondottes, 2 amber links, 2 white leg horns, and 2 barred rocks. Today we moved them out of our basement and into their permanent coop! My husband spent a few weeks building their coop and run so I was happy to see them out in the nice weather! It was exciting to get them to this step! We don't know the sex of any of our chicks yet but in time I hope we will learn more bout sexing them. We're taking this adventure one day at a time and I'm loving every bit of it so far!

Welcome to Backyard chickens. If you post photos at "what breed or gender is this." They can sort out your birds for you.

Thank you! We started reading different ways to sex them and keep changing our minds and going back and forth on our hens or roosters. I'll give it a try and see what we get!

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us and congrats on getting your own flock.

I know they are as happy as you are to be moved to their new home.

Hope they turn out to be what you expected and wanted
fl.gif

Hi and welcome to our community. congrats on moving your little ones into the coop - I'm sure they are happy little campers!

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom