Our new baby Black Copper Marans!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Pearce Pastures, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Pearce Pastures

Pearce Pastures Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Wanatah, Indiana
    Our son started into 4H this last year and took in a few hatchery chicks-nothing fancy and they were a good start but he wanted to do something more next time so he saved his money and started looking for what he wanted. He eventually found that he really liked the BC Marans and we were blessed to find a very nice rooster practically up the road. The awesome family then got some hatching eggs for their broody and, even though it didn't quite go as planned and only one egg hatched, they were so gracious and let our Ben buy it (PS They might just be a member on this forum too, wink wink).

We got some Buff Orpingtons from our local feedstore as buddies. Aren't they all too adorable!!
    [​IMG]

2. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Sweet little chicks. My sister has BCMs and they are very social and smart.

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Aww, well good for you!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Neato!

5. daisy06

daisy06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2012
    Aww.. I've got a black copper maran. She is my baby! She jumps in my lap and everything.

6. TXchickmum

TXchickmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    North Texas
    Adorable!!

7. Pearce Pastures

Pearce Pastures Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Wanatah, Indiana
    Thanks!! I know they are my son's but I can't help but sneaking out to watch them and give them all little backrubs. And that she is very friendly! This is our first time having one as a chick and she doesn't seem to mind being touched and handled.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by