Our new baby girls are home !!!!!

ChiknMama

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
Introducing our new babies: Sunny (Buff Orpington), Cadbury (Ameracauna/Easter Egger??) and Chica (Black Australorp) They have already made a mess and seem happy and healthy

Blue_Myst

Songster
10 Years
Feb 5, 2009
Aw, they're cute! Got to love the EE's cheek puffs

What are you using for bedding?

ChiknMama

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
Right now I actually have some puppy wee pads on the floor of the brooder. I thought this might work well for a day or two since I was worried about them eating the wood shavings we have. They are not slippery and I already had some on hand. Hopefully they are safe for the chicks, I think I saw some other posts on here that used them.

theoldchick

The Chicken Whisperer
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
May 11, 2010
Ain't they cute? Looks like they are eating and pooping just fine!

ChiknMama

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
Yes they are well adjusted little ladies....eating, drinking, pooping and sleeping !!!!! All is well

Chick15

Songster
8 Years
Apr 21, 2011
Quote:thats what we used and they worked great! you just roll up the training pad, throw it in the trash, and put a new one out... we were going to sswitch to wood shavings, but thee training pads worked wonders, so we ddecided touse them instead...

ChiknMama

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
Thanks everyone, am just hoping they are all girls
The BA seems to be bigger than the other two not sure if that is the norm or not since this is our first time. We are handling and feeding by hand daily and so far everything is going well. Loving the wee pads and the ease of clean up. Will probably try to get some better pics of them again soon.

Top Bottom