1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our new baby goats!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gumpsgirl, Mar 30, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    This is a pic of our newest family members, Maybell and Daisy (twins!). They have been a challenge so far. The lady I bought them from talked like they were these sweet, tame little things, but she was wrong, wrong! Maybell is coming around, but Daisy still has a LONG way to go! I am also curious about the breed. The lady I bought them from didn't or maybe better, couldn't, tell me what breed they are. My sister thinks they are so-called "mutt" goats. Their momma had a beard and was as big as a regular size (not pygmy) la mauncha. Same color as the twins. Does anyone know what kind these are?[​IMG] We still love them regardless! Just curious![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    They are adorable! [​IMG] Congrats! Once they learn where their food comes from they will start warming up to you. Then they won't let you alone. [​IMG]

To me they look like pygmies in that photo, only because of their common pygmy coloring. Lamancha's come in miniature as well, so that doesn't really help me guess...lol.

3. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I love them. They are very cute. I have no idea on the breed. I really want goats. Two more weeks and our neighbor's start having babies. We can not wait.

4. DFCottage

DFCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Montpelier, Virginia
    Maybe Alpines? Put a few boards and buckets out and see if they climb on them.. haha

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  5. amaliayosa

amaliayosa Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG! How can you stand it, I would not be able to leave them alone, they are precious!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by