Our new baby! pictures

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by willkatdawson, Aug 6, 2010.

1. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Baby guinea pig that is.. She is soooooo sweet! We named her Gwennie pig. This is the first kid of animal like this we have ever owned. DD has wanted one forever, so today on a whim I went by Petco and found this sweet little girl. All the other ones they had for sale were black and white, but she is half brown and half white with the cutest cowlicks all over her body.She also has one blue eye and one brown. Because of her different appearance the girl in charge of that area handled her a lot. She is so tame. Right now DD is down on the sofa with Guennie asleep on her chest. She is in heaven.

[​IMG]

2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Awww! Guinea pigs are so sweet, I really love them. [​IMG] I had them for years, but lost several in a row last year and decided not to keep them any more. Be sure to read up on their nutrition requirements online--it's a bit more complex than most people realize! I also recommend guineapigcages.com for a great way to give your pig lots of room. [​IMG] Have fun with the piggy!

3. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Adorable! [​IMG] Our Henry is now a little over a year and a half and we just love his personality. He too has cowlicks all over, but he doesn't want anyone to mess with them. Your little girl will really enjoy having a guinea pig as a pet!

Here is a younger pic of him:

[​IMG]

4. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Gwennie pig is beautiful, and so is your daughter! The only thing I know about g.pigs is those cowlicks are called "rosettes." I am the queen of useless knowledge! [​IMG]

5. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Thanks everyone for your kind words about Gwennie! I think I really lucked out that the store employee spent so much time with her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by