Our new brooders

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SunAngel, May 15, 2009.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    We finally got the bottom brooder finished and most of my babies moved out to the big coop *Sniff* The brooders are both about 4ft wide x 3ft deep x 3ft high. I am happy the chicks have more room to run around, but its harder to keep running out there all day to talk to them lol.

The bantams (most from TSC) have the top, the standards (mostly pullets from Ideal) are in the bottom. Think there is about 30 in each.

[​IMG]

I still have some tiny bantams inside for a little while yet, so I'm not totally going through chickie withdrawal yet lol.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. what eggs

what eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Brooder envy here!

You know...since you have electric out there you could hook up one of those baby monitors in reverse and talk to the chicks all day/night long when you felt like it.... not that those of us going thru chick withdrawal have any issues or anything. [​IMG]

3. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    [​IMG]

They aren't beautiful or anything, but they are much better than the smaller cages I had inside. I guess I should have painted them first, but I was too eager to get the chicks in them lol.

Haha, if I had the money, I would probably have a webcam out there, so I could see them and talk to them from my computer. Then I wouldn't have to leave BYC lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by