Our new bunny!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by shelleyd2008, Nov 8, 2009.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    We are pretty sure it's a girl. My son wanted to call it fire-breathing dragon [​IMG] but I talked him out of that [​IMG] So she still doesn't have a name [​IMG]
    She is hanging with the guinea pigs right now, since she is a baby, and they have a heat light [​IMG]

Here she is!
    [​IMG]

And here's her roommates:
    [​IMG]

The cage that the bunny is pictured in is the one they are in now, the guinea pig pic is their 'summer home'. The cage is approximately 3'x4', so plenty of room for the 3 of them. They have a small plastic critter castle, then they have a heat light that is surrounded by a blanket (like a tent). They should do well this winter in it, it's on our porch.

ETA: The bunny is about the same size as the guinea pigs right now, so probably 2 months old I guess?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    It's adorable shelley! [​IMG] Is it a Dutch? (Bear in mind I know nothing about rabbits [​IMG])

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:That's what it looks like, though the others that it was in the cage with were mostly brown and white. They still had the dutch markings, but light brown was in place of the black.

4. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    What's wrong with "fire breathing dragon"? I think it's a pretty fitting name for a rabbit! [​IMG]

5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by